Sunday, June 14, 2009

Special edition

As advertised, this is a special extra edition. No home games this weekend, but nonetheless a very special weekend for the hockey fans on the grounds crew. If you've read any of my previous entries, you may have noticed that we are serious hockey fans. Pens, Caps, Flyers and our hometown Hershey Bears. Friday night was the pinnacle of playoff nights, with the Pens ans Bears trying to lock the championships of their respective leagues. Both games were on TV and my wife Leslie, my son Alan and his girlfriend Sarah were gathered round to see if history could be made.
When it was all said and done it was a 2-1 nail biter win for the Penguins and a decisive 4-1 win for the Bears. Both teams were on the road, which to me made it even more impressive. I don't know for sure, but I think it is unprecedented for 2 professional hockey from the same state to win championships in the same night. It probably hasn't happened in 2 different sports. I believe we saw a unique piece of history right there. Hockey heaven. And Pennsylvania is now Hockeytown USA. I was able to attend the victory celebration for the Bears on Saturday night at GC. Absolutely awesome! As an added bonus, the Bears and the cup will be in attendance at Tuesday night's game. I will be there. Oh, and I forgot to mention, the Sens put an 11-0 pounding on Reading Friday night as well. I think we might be getting a better look around that corner....Until Tuesday night, later...

No comments:

Post a Comment