Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Run-up Pt.2

Well back on the Island on the day before Easter Sunday. Got a little more work to do on the batting cage to make it ready for workout night this upcoming Tuesday. An amazing amount of work has been done on the stadium itself, making me partially eat my words from last Saturday. This week it would just be Doug, Knute and myself. We headed to the field and got to work on the batting cage again. The main task would be to get the net fitted and anchored to the cage frame. I had done this several times in previous years, but this was a different type of cage, so we'll have to improvise a bit. All in all it went pretty smoothly and after about 3 hours we declared victory. It was all ready to go for workout night. The other guys broke for lunch, but since I needed to leave a little earlier today, I stuck around and assembled the new batting practice L-screens. After that, I called it a day and headed home. I'll be back for the workout night on Tuesday. Should be interesting to see how much more work is done when we get back. Until then, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment