Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MBP, Center stage

OK, its run-up time for the Eastern League All-Star Game. If you are reading this, you're probably a moderate to hard-core fan off the Sens. And you;ll know that there hasn't been an All-Star game her since 1988, the 2nd season of baseball on City Island. So is it a big deal? In the words of Sarah Palin, "You Betcha!" It was an all-hands call to get the place spic and span for all the big shots and just regular old fans. From all reports, it should be a full house for the game. The weather is looking kind of iffy, so we'll be keeping a keen eye on that. We haven't had a rain out all year, yet so I don't see a little rain keeping this game from going ahead, unless its a monsoon at game time. I've been going in and doing a lot of extra work, getting the field in shape, putting it back to near opening day shape. Of course, it never looks as good as opening day, and as I've said before, its all downhill from there. But we do our best, with camouflage techniques and just general sprucing up. And I must say, when I left on Sunday, it looked pretty darn good. All that was left was general cleaning up and for Tim to paint the logo behind home plate. That was to take place on Monday evening with lots of paint and string and a fair amount of beer. However, a late afternoon rain shower it was canceled. Looks like a Tuesday day job, so I won't be there to help out. Most of the other finish work needed to be done by noon Tuesday and the weather didn't look all that great either. So my next trip will be in on Wednesday morning. I've taken the day off from work, so I can have the full experience. So, until then, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment