Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Special Edition - Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit. If you're not up on your Latin, it means 'Time marches on'. Its Saturday July 24th. My son Alan's wedding day. All the relatives are here, all the plans are in place, so at 4 pm today he officially moves on to the next part of his life. And as the saying goes, 'My work here is done' I've worked for the Sens for 15 years now. He's been there for 10. And has hung out there the entire time I've been there. When I started there, he was 10 years old. he's 25 now. Just a kid then, a married man now. The emotions for me? Happy, for him. Sad, a piece of our lives is moving on. Proud. I think his Mom and I did a pretty decent job of getting him to where he is today. Incredulous, that the time has passed in the wink of an eye. Anyone who has small children thinks they'll be around for a long, long time. Trust me, it flies by like crazy. Nothing you can do about it.
The wedding went off without a hitch. His new bride looked beautiful. The whole family was there. Everybody had a wonderful time at the reception. And it all seemed to fly right by. before we knew it it was done. Nothing left but the opening of the gifts on Sunday, and then dropping them off at the Baltimore airport for their honeymoon trip.
So as I sit here on vacation writing this, I can only say this: Congratulations my son and good luck to you and your new bride on your new life together. I'm proud of and love you both. Mom and I will be around if yo need us. And hopefully we can spend a little more time together at the ballpark with, I can easily say, the best bunch of guys I've ever worked with there.
Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment