Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Beginning of the End...

Well, its the first night of a 7 game home stand, the longest home stand left in the 2009 season. After tonight, there are only 25 homes left to go. And things around the old ballpark will change. It will be a completely new look. Will the faces be the same? Maybe, maybe not. Will I still be around? I think so, at least that's my plan. But one never knows. It should be very interesting and exciting to see a new, first-rate facility. I'm sure I'll miss the old layout that I've hung around for the last 14 years. But, Tempus Fugit. (time marches on) OK, enough maudlin, let's lighten it up a little. I've seen the ads for the new luxury suites. Very snazzy. They can accommodate 20 people. I think the Grounds Crew will only need a Junior Suite though, since there are only 5 of us. I don't really see that happening, though. Unless I win the lottery this weekend. Right.... OK, there was a game tonight, too. It's 60' s Night at the ball park tonight. Groovy, baby. I'm looking forward to 70's night, though. I've offered to make an appearance with my 73 Bug to help the atmosphere. If this entry seems a little fragmented and all over the place, I apologize. It's late and its Wednesday, so a the details are not fresh in my mind. Actually its Thursday. Yikes... So, in short, Monday's game was long, it was hot, and the Senators won 2-0. Our buddy, Bowie's manager Brad Komminsk, wasn't on the field tonight. Seems he had a few run-ins with tonight's umpire crew in the past few weeks, and was tossed 3 times. And he's serving the last game of his suspension. Knute's girlfriend, Asheleigh, stopped in to visit tonight, too. Other than that, not too much else to tell. I'm off Tuesday night, so I'll check back in with a report of Wednesday's, hopefully by Friday. Until then, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment