Thursday, July 16, 2009

Supplemental-EL All-Star game-vacation

I'm on vacation this week, so i have some extra time on my hands. Thought I'd throw in an extra edition of the blog to report on the EL All-Star game plus some vacation thoughts. First of all, vacation at the beach is THE Life. I love sleeping in, hanging on the beach in the warm sun, checking out the bikini babes, etc... A week is not near enough time. That's basically what we've been doing here in Ocean City, Md. The weather has been perfect, no tarp pulls or rain outs to date. We took a trip down to Assateague Island on Wed. to bike ride, see the wild ponies, and hit the beach for awhile. The beach there was great, except it was very windy, and we felt like we were being sand blasted the entire time. The wild ponies were awesome, hanging out, eating and generally putting on a show for us tourists. Other than that, we've just been hanging on the beach during the day, biking in the mornings, and eating out and drinking at night. My idea of a perfect vacation. My sister-in-law is visiting today from up the road in Delaware, so we're hanging at the beach today, too. As for the EL All-Star game, i see the South won 5-3, with Marvin Lowrance going 1-2 with 2 RBI's and Josh Wilkie pitching 2 perfect innings of relief. Unfortunately, Jack Spradlin did not get into the game. With the stadium project on track and scheduled to be finished by the start of next season, 2010 might be a good time for the All-Star game to make an appearance at MBP. Hey Eastern League, how about it????. I haven't heard any announcements to that effect, so I guess we wait. My son Alan promised to write an entry for the blog while i was away, but I haven't seen anything yet. So I'll just leave it until next week's home stand. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment