Monday, August 2, 2010

Tempus Fugit, Pt 2

After all the backward looking and whining about how old I'm getting in the last post, I thought I'd do it a little more. Well, not too much. I was on vacation last week, so I wasn't in town for the series against Portland. I did manage to catch the Potomac Nationals at Wilmington. They were winning 2-0 into the 7th, but relief pitcher Zach Dials, whom I see was promoted to the Senators the other day, gave up 7 runs and that was that. The Blue Rocks have a strange little mascot named Mr. Celery, who comes out when they score and jumps around by the backstop, then runs back in. Very strange... but on Sunday morning I was checking the sens score on the web and noticed that the pitcher for Portland had a familiar name. His name was Casey Kelly. When I first started on the crew back in '96, the Sens manager was Pat Kelly. He was an ex-big-leaguer and a great guy. He also had a 6 year old son named... you guessed it, Casey Kelly. I wasn't sure if this was the same kid or not, so I checked his bio on the Seadogs web page and sure enough, it was him. My 2 kids were around the same age and used to hang out together during and after the games and had some daytime play dates as well. So the 6 year old is now 21 and working his way to the show. We had heard he got drafted last year and didn't hear too much after that. And now here he is. Wow, I'm really feeling old now. I just wish I would have been around to say hello, even if he didn't remember me. Time marches on......later...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete