Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm melting!!!!

Saturday was a busy day for me. I was playing in a golf tournament with friends during the day. It didn't start until 1 pm, so until we played 18 holes, had a little something to eat, and drove back to Harrisburg from Myerstown, I was going to be a little late for the game. And to boot, it was supposed to be brutally hot. And the weatherman did not disappoint. The temperature topped out at about 87 degrees, way too hot for May 1st, and we definitely were not prepared for it. We hit the ball pretty well as a group, but in the end, the heat just kicked our butts. We could have played the last few holes a lot better, but we just couldn't finish strong. We finished at even par. The winners were 16 under. And the highest score was 3 over. But we still did better than last year. As I headed back down the highway towards Harrisburg, I was blasting the air conditioning. I was almost wiped out by the heat, but I had about 4 more hours to go. The sun was going down, but it wasn't getting any cooler. When I finally made it to City Island, it was about 20 minutes into the game. The gang was all there, Doug, Izzy, Alan and Knute. They all looked they were ready to melt, too. the sens were already down 1 after 2 innings. It got worse after that, with the final being 9-2. The most memorable thing of the evening? It was hot. Did I mention that? After what seemed like an eternal post game work session, we finally packed it up and packed it in. Tomorrow was Sunday, so that meant a quick turnaround for a 2 pm game. And another appearance by the phenom, Mr. Strasburg. So until then, later

No comments:

Post a Comment