Friday, May 28, 2010

Movin' Out...

When the season started, I had written about all of the changes that had taken place. One of the things that was easy to get used to was our new in-game home. We very much enjoyed the spacious confines of the dugout box on the 3rd base side. It was way more room than we had ever had in years past, with a great view of the field and easy access for in-game activities and pre and post game work. I could never quite shake the feeling that it wouldn't last, though. And those suspicions were to become reality today. We were informed that "our" area was to be transformed into another dugout suite to be sold on game nights. So, Sunday, the last day of a a 10 game home stand was to be moving day. Now, I must confess, I wasn't there. I hadn't missed a game so far this year, so I was granted a day off. And did I ever need it. I was exhausted. So all of the information contained herein is 2nd hand. So when I returned for the next home stand, I would have to get used to new digs, ( the former first base side media well) a new storage area, (the former keg storage area behind the home dugout), and a whole new way of doing things. Oh well, i knew it was going to be a year of change, so I guess we'll all have to get used to it. We won't have nearly as much room, but that should cut down on all the excess traffic, a good thing. But not nearly as much storage space and access to tools and such will be in a more roundabout way, not so good. But we've dealt with it all these years, so I guess we'll deal with it some more. I 'll report back during the next home stand and let you know how its going. Until then, later.

1 comment: