Friday, May 7, 2010

The rest is just a blur...

Ok, I'm back. As promised, the winner of Friday April 16th's Chaos-Fest was... New Britain , 2-1. I had to check the archives, because, frankly, I just could not remember much of the rest of the weekend or the following week for that matter. So this post will be an amalgam of games 3,4,5,6,& 7 and , hopefully I can remember some of the highlights. Thursday and Friday were unseasonably warm for April on City Island. Saturday was much the opposite. There was no rain in the forecast as I headed for City Island, but it was much cooler than the past few days had been. In fact, my over-packing would pay off later in the evening. As I mentioned last year, my time on the grounds crew had made me a Boy Scout. I'm always prepared for any type of weather when it comes to clothing. Tonight I had extra shirts, socks, a hoodie, a jacket, long underwear, a beanie, and insulated gloves. Not to mention the boots, extra sneakers and such in my locker. You can go from comfortable to miserable very quickly over the course of a couple of hours in the middle of the river. It was to be the same crew again tonight, Doug, Izzy, Alan and myself, as well as Knute. After the opening night hoopla and Friday's total chaos, it was nice to just come in, get the pre-game work done, and get the game started. I don't recall anything of note in this game, other than brilliant brainstorm. gold bond underwear. After all the unseasonably warm weather, I thought wouldn't it be great on those hot nights to have a nice refreshing moment on demand. And I came up with this: underwear with a pouch in which you could slip in a packet, like a rosin bag. And when you get a little too hot and sweaty, give it a little tap-tap and dispense a little cooling powder. And a built in excuse for some male enhancement and a legitimate reason for handling your nether region.I don't think this would fly as a marketing campaign, but all you guys out there are sitting there shaking your heads, thinking "What great idea!" Any women reading this are rolling their eyes, I suspect. Other than that, not much else to report. The Sens did not win, again falling 5-3. We were treated to the full slate after the game though, with the fireworks they did not launch at 1 Am after last night's ( or very early this morning's), the kid's base run, and Launch-A-Ball. So after a late night before, and a day game on Sunday, getting out at a reasonable hour was out of the question. Once every thing was done, we got our post-game work done and retired for an adult beverage. we didn't hang out too long as everyone was exhausted from the previous night, so we drank up and headed out. Still 4 more to go before we get a break. Until the next time, later...

No comments:

Post a Comment